Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Cute Little Cabbage

With a burst of warm weather things are progressing with the cabbages although I fear not fast enough. This is the only one forming a head.


I have been reading up on mold, and in particular how to prevent it. This article gives some good practical tips on how to achieve this, as does this one, and this one also has some good pics on what to look out for in terms of mold. Given the state of my cabbages, I will need to go in search of a good organic cabbage tonight in my fortnightly grocery shop to start creating as soon as possible.

 I'm still a little worried that I am going to kill my family if I have the wrong microbes in my kraut.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Murra Mumma,
    Interesting that you worry about the wrong microbes, making your own things for others always adds a bit of pressure. Sounds like you are well on the way to making a great kraut though.
    Charm

    ReplyDelete