Me as student
- Describe your prior experiences as a learner in this program. What did you like? What didn’t work? What haven’t you seen that you would like?
The study conducted by Bell et al, resonated with me, that although some courses 'got it' in terms of teaching online, other subjects simply moved the content from hardcopy 'book/periodical' form into online materials. I didn't find these subjects particularly challenging, and honestly a little stagnate, considering the endless possibilities in teaching knowledge to adults.
I particularly hated group work in an online environment - that is not flexible! Again trying to take an aspect of 'real life university' coursework and translate into an 'online environment' just didn't work.
- What is NGL? What do you currently know about it?
- What have you previously learned that is related to NGL?
- How have you previously performed your student role? What practices and tools do you use?
- How do these fit with the idea of NGL and what you know so far of this course?
- What do you want out of this course? What aren’t you seeing from the course that you’d like to see?